SUBSCRIBE TO HELLO! OR HELLO! FASHION MONTHLY. VIEW THE LATEST PRINT & DIGITAL OFFERS HERE
Raf Simons unveils perfect marriage of Dior heritage and signature minimalism
Showing his first ready-to-wear collection for iconic fashion house Christian Dior, Raf Simons was firmly in the spotlight.
But the designer managed to thrive under the intense pressure on Friday, unveiling a stunning collection that left the gathered glitterai – which included Kanye West, Natalia Vodianova and Olivia Palermo – speechless.
It was a perfect marriage of the brand’s rich heritage and the luxurious minimal aesthetic that Raf perfected during his time as creative director at Jil Sander.
CLICK ON PHOTO FOR FULL GALLERY
A procession of impeccably tailored tuxedos kicked off the catwalk show.
And the androgynous looks were balanced with flirty, feminine pieces that were in line with the original Dior aesthetic.
Beautiful gazar skirts, iridescent dresses and stunning draping lit up the plain runway situated in the pretty Jardin des Tuilieres.
The mini was the length de rigeur – Raf wanted it to be emblematic of freedom and liberation, which is something that Christian Dior himself was known for focusing on.
"He embraced the feminine, the complex and the emotional; an idea of freedom and what had gone before," the show notes read.
- These are the opinions of our visitors, not hellomagazine.com
- You are not allowed to post comments that are libellous or unlawful
- We reserve the right to remove comments that we consider off topic
- Please keep to the subject
- Please try to write without spelling errors. Before posting a message please check it is correct: comments with no mistakes are more likely to be published.
- Please do not publish messages written entirely in capital letters.