SUBSCRIBE TO HELLO! OR HELLO! FASHION MONTHLY. VIEW THE LATEST PRINT & DIGITAL OFFERS HERE
Hot on the heels of pop success Madonna conquers shoe market
The collection divided fashion critics.
But Madonna’s pop-up shoe offering in Selfridges has proved her critics wrong, becoming "one of the most successful celebrity endorsements ever".
The pop legend's Truth Or Dare line launched just over a week ago in the luxury retailer and styles are already selling out.
CLICK ON PHOTO FOR FULL GALLERY
"It's been thrilling to see our customers' response to this project — the Truth Or Dare collection has proven to be our most commercially successful footwear pop-up this year so far," said shoes buying manager Helen Attwood.
"It's one of the most successful celebrity endorsements we've ever worked on. We have already had to re-order on almost half the styles we carry," she added.
The range is largely monochrome, featuring vampish boots and chunky platforms.
But it is the studded items that have proved most popular, with an embellished black court shoes, Panu, and a silver-studded brogue, Celia (pictured below), selling fastest.
The designs are created in collaboration with the singer’s stylist and costume designer Arianne Phillips.
The collection is stocked exclusively at Selfridges until September 1 and prices range from £80 for ballet pumps to £480 for over-the-knee-boots.
- These are the opinions of our visitors, not hellomagazine.com
- You are not allowed to post comments that are libellous or unlawful
- We reserve the right to remove comments that we consider off topic
- Please keep to the subject
- Please try to write without spelling errors. Before posting a message please check it is correct: comments with no mistakes are more likely to be published.
- Please do not publish messages written entirely in capital letters.