SUBSCRIBE TO HELLO! OR HELLO! FASHION MONTHLY. VIEW THE LATEST PRINT & DIGITAL OFFERS HERE
Madonna slams 'ridiculous' comments on Adele's weight
Chanel designer Karl Lagerfeld sparked controversy last month when he dubbed Adele a “little too fat”.
And now queen of pop Madonna has spoken out in defence of the nation’s sweetheart, blasting the claims made by the 78-year-old.
“That’s horrible,” she told The Sun. “That’s ridiculous, that’s just the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard.
“I don’t like it when anybody says anything bad about anyone – I don’t like it. Adele’s a great talent and how much she weighs has nothing to do with it.”
After the German designer’s controversial criticisms, Adele hit back, declaring she is “proud” of her figure.
“I’ve never wanted to look like models on the cover of magazines,” she said. “I represent the majority of women and I’m very proud of that.”
Karl issued a public apology to Adele, insisting his comments were taken out of context.
“I’d like to say Adele that I am your biggest admirer,” he told the Metro New York.
“Sometimes when you take a sentence out of the article it changes the meaning of the thought. Adele is my favourite singer and I am a great admirer of her.”
- These are the opinions of our visitors, not hellomagazine.com
- You are not allowed to post comments that are libellous or unlawful
- We reserve the right to remove comments that we consider off topic
- Please keep to the subject
- Please try to write without spelling errors. Before posting a message please check it is correct: comments with no mistakes are more likely to be published.
- Please do not publish messages written entirely in capital letters.