SUBSCRIBE TO HELLO! OR HELLO! FASHION MONTHLY. VIEW THE LATEST PRINT & DIGITAL OFFERS HERE
Karl conjures up opulent Chanel show in Le Palais de Versailles
The world’s most glamorous women are preparing for the Cannes Film Festival later this week.
And Karl Lagerfeld, as ever, is one step ahead of the game.
The design genius put on a Marie Antoinette-inspired cruise collection show in the plush gardens of Le Palais de Versailles.
CLICK ON PHOTO FOR FULL GALLERY
Film stars and celebrities including Tilda Swinton and Vanessa Paradis looked on as models in tweed palazzo pants, pale denim pedal pushers and spot-on-trend pastel pink wings.
"The palace is the perfect place for Chanel, you couldn't imagine anything better," said Vanessa.
When questioned as to whether the opulence was a bit too much in a country that just elected a Socialist president, German-born Karl dismissed the idea instantly.
"Oh no, no, lightness is what France is known for. I don’t delve into politics here," he said.
"Besides, I can’t vote."
Ruffled eighteenth century tulle sleeves were paired with gold platform sneakers, making it one of the most eclectic Chanel shows to date.
Cruise collections, which are mid season shows shown to only the crème de la crème of the fashion world, were created to target wealthy women who travelled on cruise ships in winter.
- These are the opinions of our visitors, not hellomagazine.com
- You are not allowed to post comments that are libellous or unlawful
- We reserve the right to remove comments that we consider off topic
- Please keep to the subject
- Please try to write without spelling errors. Before posting a message please check it is correct: comments with no mistakes are more likely to be published.
- Please do not publish messages written entirely in capital letters.