SUBSCRIBE TO HELLO! OR HELLO! FASHION MONTHLY. VIEW THE LATEST PRINT & DIGITAL OFFERS HERE
All that glitters: Shimmering newlywed Carey leads the metallic Met Ball brigade
As co-host of the year’s most stylish event, it was her chance to shine.
And did she ever. British actress Carey Mulligan positively sparkled on Monday night as she graced the red carpet at a glittering New York party in a Prada dress adorned with thousands of gold pailettes.
CLICK ON PHOTO FOR FULL GALLERY
After some encouragement from photographers, the starlet – who married folk musician Marcus Mumford a few weeks ago – shyly showed off her wedding ring too.
But the Oscar-nominated star had competition in the glittering gown stakes at the Metropolitan Museum of Art's Costume Institute Gala.
Karolina Kurkova showed off her incredible supermodel physique in a show-stopping Rachel Zoe dress that sparkled from head to toe.
And Jessica Alba channelled Grecian goddess in gold Michael Kors that fell in beautiful pleats from the empire line waist.
Sofia Vergara, meanwhile, opted for silver in a Marchesa lace column dress.
The modest Modern Family star revealed on the red carpet that her voluptuous curves require her to pay careful attention when choosing a dress.
"I always have to do a few tricks here and there because of my body... These dresses are made for models,” she said.
- These are the opinions of our visitors, not hellomagazine.com
- You are not allowed to post comments that are libellous or unlawful
- We reserve the right to remove comments that we consider off topic
- Please keep to the subject
- Please try to write without spelling errors. Before posting a message please check it is correct: comments with no mistakes are more likely to be published.
- Please do not publish messages written entirely in capital letters.