SUBSCRIBE TO HELLO! OR HELLO! FASHION MONTHLY. VIEW THE LATEST PRINT & DIGITAL OFFERS HERE
The Face: meet the finalists
Emma, 17, is half Dutch, half Jamaican and describes herself as "the whitest black girl you’ll ever meet". Straight-talking, charismatic and feisty, she’s currently in sixth form, studying history and politics, but also loves literature and finds a release through her own writing. She lives in Kent with her mum, who has given Emma one year to make it as a model.
An Essex girl who hates the Essex stereotype, sweet-natured Eleanor, 19, is a bit of a tomboy and fiercely competitive due to her sporty background. She’s a university student and part-time model, who also works as a shop assistant at both Hollister and Gilly Hicks. Eleanor "doesn’t mind embarrassing herself, even unintentionally" and "can’t stand selfish people who think the world revolves around them".
An introverted, sweet-natured and softly spoken novice, Elaine, 19, comes from a strict African Christian background. She’s grown up in a single parent family and attends church regularly. Elaine is shy with a real vulnerability about her, but impresses with her natural talent. She wants to be a successful model so she can earn money to look after her mum, who suffers from depression.
Nadine, 20, moved to the UK from Portugal five years ago, couldn’t speak a word of English and was bullied at school, which made her shy. However, her softly spoken nature can be deceptive – she was a trouble-maker back home in Portugal and three years of modelling experience has helped restore her confidence. Nadine has a strong presence, fierce intelligence and takes no nonsense.
- These are the opinions of our visitors, not hellomagazine.com
- You are not allowed to post comments that are libellous or unlawful
- We reserve the right to remove comments that we consider off topic
- Please keep to the subject
- Please try to write without spelling errors. Before posting a message please check it is correct: comments with no mistakes are more likely to be published.
- Please do not publish messages written entirely in capital letters.