SUBSCRIBE TO HELLO! OR HELLO! FASHION MONTHLY. VIEW THE LATEST PRINT & DIGITAL OFFERS HERE
Michelle Obama's favourite dress returns to ASOS
The chic chequered print dress ASOS dress that Michelle Obama has been spotted wearing several times will be going back on sale on ASOS next Monday 25th February.
When America's First Lady first stepped out in the 50s style design in the summer of 2011, fashion fans were quick to recognise that the frock was from online retailer ASOS.
Michelle, who is celebrated for recycling items and championing high street brands, wore it for the second time during the 2012 presidential election campaign.
CLICK ON PHOTO FOR FULL GALLERY
Shortly after Barack secured a second term in office, a photo of the President and his wife hugging was tweeted from his account, with Michelle again wearing the red and white number.
The garment sold out very quickly, as do most items Michelle is pictured in. When she purchased a pretty blue, $35 (£23) dress by her favourite designer Jason Wu's collaboration with Target, the piece sold out entirely – in stores and online – within just a few hours. One couple even bought out their local branch's entire stock of the dress. They spent $7,000 on netting the goods in order to sell on eBay for an inflated price.
Also, the embellished J. Crew that Michelle wore to cinch in her Thom Browne coat during the Inauguration Day ceremonies sold out almost instantly.
So if you want to get your hands on this lovely pleated piece, we suggest you move very quickly on Monday!
- These are the opinions of our visitors, not hellomagazine.com
- You are not allowed to post comments that are libellous or unlawful
- We reserve the right to remove comments that we consider off topic
- Please keep to the subject
- Please try to write without spelling errors. Before posting a message please check it is correct: comments with no mistakes are more likely to be published.
- Please do not publish messages written entirely in capital letters.