SUBSCRIBE TO HELLO! OR HELLO! FASHION MONTHLY. VIEW THE LATEST PRINT & DIGITAL OFFERS HERE
'The personification of style': Victoria Beckham triumphs at New York Fashion Week
Victoria Beckham has taken New York Fashion Week by storm. The designer aired her latest collection at New York's Public Library on Sunday and gained acclaim from the highest ranks of the fashion industry.
Alexandra Shulman, editor of UK Vogue, tweeted her delight as soon as Mrs Beckham had taken her bow. "So pleased the Victoria Beckham show was so good," she said before adding how "excited" she was to be chatting to the designer after the presentation.
CLICK ON PHOTO FOR FULL GALLERY
Luxury department store Harrods described the line as "the personification of style and modernity", and Italian Vogue contributor Giovanna Battaglia, summed up the unveiling in one word: "Brava".
During the show, Vogue's first lady Anna Wintour and David sat front row as Victoria aired the pieces she has been crafting over the past few months.
After such high praise from her peers, Victoria herself explained her latest line on her website. "I've strived to keep true to the essence of the line while incorporating new finishes and fabrics," she said.
"I'm excited to show knitwear for the first time, as well as the quintessentially British heritage materials of tweed, plaid and herringbone."
- These are the opinions of our visitors, not hellomagazine.com
- You are not allowed to post comments that are libellous or unlawful
- We reserve the right to remove comments that we consider off topic
- Please keep to the subject
- Please try to write without spelling errors. Before posting a message please check it is correct: comments with no mistakes are more likely to be published.
- Please do not publish messages written entirely in capital letters.