SUBSCRIBE TO HELLO! OR HELLO! FASHION MONTHLY. VIEW THE LATEST PRINT & DIGITAL OFFERS HERE
From sweet to sultry: Lovely Valentine's Day lingerie
Beautiful underwear is a time tested gift for a man to give his other half on the most romantic day of the year. And Valentine's Day is also a good opportunity for us ladies to update our underwear drawers with some lovely new styles.
There is, however, an overwhelming choice of colour and styles to choose from. With this in mind, HELLO! Online has scoured the market to compile a selection of the best lingerie for Valentine's Day.
Bravissimo's scarlet satin bra and knicker set (below) is a knockout choice for February 14th. With its appropriate hue and flattering cut, it is guaranteed to wow.
CLICK ON PHOTO FOR FULL GALLERY
And Ultimo's nude set trimmed with black (below, left) strikes the perfect balance between sultry and on-trend.
However, while most underwear companies put emphasis on sexy garments designed to seduce your partner, it actually transpires that the majority of women, 68%, prefer their other halves NOT to buy raunchy underwear for them.
Lingerie retailer Passionata, who conducted the survey, had their consultant Sandra Dyke give some further insight into the survey, saying: "The most important thing to remember is that if she doesn't own sexy lingerie, she doesn't want to wear it.
"So don't buy it as a gift for her. Hopefully she will buy it as a gift for you!"
A cute alternative to sexy numbers is this Freya plunge balcony bra (above, centre), which combines an oriental bird print with a super pretty vintage lace trim.
This Bravissimo Darling set (above, right), meanwhile, falls into both sweet and sultry camps — worn either with or without suspenders, the ladies are free to decide.
- These are the opinions of our visitors, not hellomagazine.com
- You are not allowed to post comments that are libellous or unlawful
- We reserve the right to remove comments that we consider off topic
- Please keep to the subject
- Please try to write without spelling errors. Before posting a message please check it is correct: comments with no mistakes are more likely to be published.
- Please do not publish messages written entirely in capital letters.