SUBSCRIBE TO HELLO! OR HELLO! FASHION MONTHLY. VIEW THE LATEST PRINT & DIGITAL OFFERS HERE
Blooming lovely: Raf Simons brings Spring to Paris with enchanted garden
Thick snow may have blanketed Paris, but it was officially Spring inside the Christian Dior show with an enchanted garden dreamed up by creative director Raf Simons.
Amidst a maze of bushes, bare trees and green hedges, a host of Dior goddesses with dark pixie crops and blood red lips had jaws dropping as they stepped out in a stunning collection that the designer literally wanted to "be about the seasons; to be about the very idea of Spring".
CLICK ON PHOTOS FOR FULL GALLERY
"This collection reflects the passing of time of the season, beginning as the signs of early life," he continued.
It was Raf's second couture offering since taking the helm of the house. And once again, the former creative director of Jil Sander far from disappointed, unveiling an impeccable array of dresses that epitomised the beauty of Spring with their colour palette of burnt orange, mint and aubergine, beautiful embroidery with streaks of flowers and lovely layering.
The layers were unconventional – bustiers and jackets and peplums all placed on top of one another – but it was pulled off to perfection, providing a quirky, modern twist on the trend.
Dior's trademark voluminous skirts, which were worn with hands in the pockets, managed to make an appearance. And silk bustier cocktail dresses in midnight blue and pale pink
- These are the opinions of our visitors, not hellomagazine.com
- You are not allowed to post comments that are libellous or unlawful
- We reserve the right to remove comments that we consider off topic
- Please keep to the subject
- Please try to write without spelling errors. Before posting a message please check it is correct: comments with no mistakes are more likely to be published.
- Please do not publish messages written entirely in capital letters.