SUBSCRIBE TO HELLO! OR HELLO! FASHION MONTHLY. VIEW THE LATEST PRINT & DIGITAL OFFERS HERE
Alexander Mcqueen cancels Paris show due to Sarah Burton's pregnancy
Legendary fashion house Alexander Mcqueen has had to temporarily cancel their autumn/winter 2013 show for the upcoming Paris Fashion week, since their creative director Sarah Burton will be on maternity leave.
Renowned for having worked closely with the Duchess of Cambridge, the talented designer will stay in London to rest and rejuvenate while the hectic fashion face-off in the City of Light unfolds.
CLICK ON PHOTOS FOR FULL GALLERY
Luckily, this only means that there will be even more anticipation for Spring/Summer 2014 since Sarah plans to reclaim the brand’s original Paris Fashion Week show and showcase the company’s latest wares.
Since taking over the helm of the label in 2010, Sarah Burton —who is expecting twins with her husband David in February — has since been the brains and creative mastermind behind one of the world's leading designer brands, receiving an OBE and continuing the label’s global success.
But she reports that designing Kate's wedding dress, quite possibly one of the most talked about gowns in history, was a "huge highlight" and the potential pinnicle of her career success.
And as mum-to-be Sarah Burton prepares to embrace the new chapter of her life, we can only imagine the potential fashion friendly maternity wear that could be gracing the catwalk shortly, especially designed for the royal likes of Kate Middleton, who is also expecting.
- These are the opinions of our visitors, not hellomagazine.com
- You are not allowed to post comments that are libellous or unlawful
- We reserve the right to remove comments that we consider off topic
- Please keep to the subject
- Please try to write without spelling errors. Before posting a message please check it is correct: comments with no mistakes are more likely to be published.
- Please do not publish messages written entirely in capital letters.