SUBSCRIBE TO HELLO! OR HELLO! FASHION MONTHLY. VIEW THE LATEST PRINT & DIGITAL OFFERS HERE
Hell for leather: The ultimate staple jacket gets a makeover
Versatile, enduringly stylish and boasting bags of attitude, the leather jacket is an unbeatable sartorial staple.
But the perennial wardrobe favourite — guaranteed to be top of every fashionista’s wish list this autumn – is undergoing an exciting innovation.
Unusual cuts, stud details and quilting have served to help reinvent the leather phenomenon.
CLICK ON PHOTO FOR FULL GALLERY
And it is colour that has got the style savvy celebs going hell for leather, sporting their statement-hued leather finds with confidence.
Anna dello Russo and Rihanna have been spotted in muted shades of green while Jessica Biel opts for showstopping in fiery red.
And all eyes were on Kristen Stewart as she stepped out at London Fashion Week wearing a lemon quilted version.
Others such as Alexa Chung, Cara Delevingne and Kate Moss keep it classic and stick to black.
Now’s the time to experiment with your leather jacket looks – try biker, studded, cropped, fringed or textured and pair with chiffon, floral detail or lace for a feminine finish on an edgy look.
1. Simple Black leather jacket, Sisley; 2. brown leather biker jacket, Mango; 3. embellished biker jacket, Topshop; 4. Textured jacket, Pepe Jeans.
- These are the opinions of our visitors, not hellomagazine.com
- You are not allowed to post comments that are libellous or unlawful
- We reserve the right to remove comments that we consider off topic
- Please keep to the subject
- Please try to write without spelling errors. Before posting a message please check it is correct: comments with no mistakes are more likely to be published.
- Please do not publish messages written entirely in capital letters.