SUBSCRIBE TO HELLO! OR HELLO! FASHION MONTHLY. VIEW THE LATEST PRINT & DIGITAL OFFERS HERE
Think pink: Michelle Obama and Ann Romney go head to head in matching fuchsia
Their husbands were facing off in a fierce debate.
But first ladies Michelle Obama and Ann Romney were in competition in the style stakes, with both apparently having the same idea when it came to dressing for the occasion.
Stepping out to support their other halves, the glamorous duo had come clad in coordinating hot pink outfits.
CLICK ON PHOTO FOR FULL GALLERY
Michelle opted for a more demure option, pairing a trim dress with a quarter-length sleeve jacket and a classic string of pearls.
Ann, meanwhile, chose a figure-hugging, short-sleeved dress that she accessorized with hoop earrings and layered gold bracelets.
The ladies were likely paying tribute to Breast Cancer Awareness Month with their fuchsia ensembles.
And their bright outfits were certainly worlds apart from their first debate attire – Michelle wore a bold indigo skirt suit, while Ann went with monochrome.
After a weak first round that saw Mr Obama criticised for a lacklustre performance, the President had upped his game for the second live debate.
The energy and intensity was high, and within minutes of the 90-minute contest in New York, ABC news commentator George Will declared it the best debate he had ever seen.
Polls afterwards suggested that Obama came out on top of the second contest, though Mr Romney was the unanimous winner of the first round.
Who do you think wore hot pink best – Michelle or Ann? Leave your comments in the box below.
- These are the opinions of our visitors, not hellomagazine.com
- You are not allowed to post comments that are libellous or unlawful
- We reserve the right to remove comments that we consider off topic
- Please keep to the subject
- Please try to write without spelling errors. Before posting a message please check it is correct: comments with no mistakes are more likely to be published.
- Please do not publish messages written entirely in capital letters.