SUBSCRIBE TO HELLO! OR HELLO! FASHION MONTHLY. VIEW THE LATEST PRINT & DIGITAL OFFERS HERE
Have floral fun with colourful prints this fall
As the autumn leaves begin to fall and the temperature drops, we turn our heads to a wonderful way to keep colour in the colder seasons – vintage floral clothing.
Inspired by decades past, designs of this nature have made an inevitable comeback, showcasing on recent runways such as Giambattista Valli's haute couture autumn/winter 2012-2013 collection.
Celebrities and fashionistas such as Alexa Chung, Olivia Palermo and Erin O'Connor have also opted for this light, playful look, incorporating their own modern twist.
CLICK ON PHOTO FOR FULL GALLERY
Summer may have come to an end, but that's no reason for us to shy away from colour, print and pattern. Experiment with this season's colour palette of soft pastel pinks, pale blues, yellows and forest greens and incorporate subtle prints for a reflection of autumn flowers in their final bloom.
Adding timeless style and a touch of femininity to an ensemble, vintage floral wear is fun yet sophisticated and a must for a wardrobe update this autumn. Here are our favourite highstreet finds.
1. Patterned dress with dip hem skirt, Topshop; 2. Casual floral shirt, accessorised with waist belt, women's secret; 3. Wellington boots, Hunter; 4. Cath Kidston floral bag and matching purse, Asos; 5. Fringed cotton scarf, Bimba & Lola; 6 3-D floral hairband, Laliblue; 7. Long sleeved floral dress with cinched waist; 8. Ballet pumps with bright floral print, Blanco
- These are the opinions of our visitors, not hellomagazine.com
- You are not allowed to post comments that are libellous or unlawful
- We reserve the right to remove comments that we consider off topic
- Please keep to the subject
- Please try to write without spelling errors. Before posting a message please check it is correct: comments with no mistakes are more likely to be published.
- Please do not publish messages written entirely in capital letters.