SUBSCRIBE TO HELLO! OR HELLO! FASHION MONTHLY. VIEW THE LATEST PRINT & DIGITAL OFFERS HERE
Fashion first ladies Anna Wintour and Valerie Trierweiler ring in new era for YSL
Yves Saint Laurent was the fashion visionary who put women in tuxedos, unleashing generations of ambitious power dressers.
Fitting then that France's formidable first lady Valerie Trierweiler and Vogue boss Anna Wintour commanded the front row of the brand's latest unveiling.
CLICK ON PHOTO FOR FULL GALLERY
They were joined by an audience eagerly waiting to see how the iconic label would look under the influence of new creative director, Hedi Slimane, who rebranded the couture house Saint Laurent Paris.
The designer made his debut before Paris' fashionistas, hoping to succinctly capture the "beauty and elegance" that founding father Yves Saint Laurent lovingly weaved into his clothes and his legacy.
As the perfect ambassador for YSL's vintage glamour, Valerie – partner of French president François Hollande and renowned journalist with Paris Match – led the admirers alongside Ms Wintour.
Delivering her verdict on the brand's new visionary and his clothes after the show, Valerie said: "I don't know the terminology of fashion, but I found it sublime."
- These are the opinions of our visitors, not hellomagazine.com
- You are not allowed to post comments that are libellous or unlawful
- We reserve the right to remove comments that we consider off topic
- Please keep to the subject
- Please try to write without spelling errors. Before posting a message please check it is correct: comments with no mistakes are more likely to be published.
- Please do not publish messages written entirely in capital letters.