SUBSCRIBE TO HELLO! OR HELLO! FASHION MONTHLY. VIEW THE LATEST PRINT & DIGITAL OFFERS HERE
Fun at Jean Paul Gaultier's Eighties pop inspired Paris fashion show
Jean Paul Gaultier's Paris fashion show, entitled "She's got the look…alike", packed bags of attitude – pop star attitude to be precise.
Out strutted 'David Bowie', circa the Ziggy Stardust years. Then came a Grace Jones figure dressed in one of JPG's signature tuxedos, as well as 'Annie Lennox' and 'Boy George'.
CLICK ON PHOTO FOR FULL GALLERY
But the highlight of the French genius' homage to the Eighties was surely a white-gloved 'Michael Jackson', actually a female model, gyrating her hips provocatively, and 'Madonna' – all red lips, shaggy perms, bangles, crucifixes.
The tribute was, he explained, to the "pop stars of the eighties who have influenced fashion and my fashion with their look".
- These are the opinions of our visitors, not hellomagazine.com
- You are not allowed to post comments that are libellous or unlawful
- We reserve the right to remove comments that we consider off topic
- Please keep to the subject
- Please try to write without spelling errors. Before posting a message please check it is correct: comments with no mistakes are more likely to be published.
- Please do not publish messages written entirely in capital letters.