SUBSCRIBE TO HELLO! OR HELLO! FASHION MONTHLY. VIEW THE LATEST PRINT & DIGITAL OFFERS HERE
Milan gets a bold makeover with explosion of prints
Milan's fashion week is almost always synonymous with black.
But the Italian city has been taken over with a carnival of colour and prints. It kicked off with Gucci, who unveiled an array of gowns in shocking pink, canary yellow, azure blue and fiery red.
Now, Dolce & Gabbana have also deemed bold and bright the next big thing for Spring/Summer 2013.
CLICK ON PHOTO FOR FULL GALLERY
With a collection based on "the idea of glamorous holidays in Sicily", design duo Stefano and Domenico showed off designs boasting beautiful prints of lemons, maps and Sicilian folk art.
And the show closed to loud applause as 86 models took to the runway in vibrant, patterned scarves.
Over at Moschino, flower power reigned, with close-cut suits in yellows, blues and reds adorned with blooms.
"Colour played a vital role alongside our signature black and white looks," Moschino's creative director Rosella Jardini explained after the event.
"But I used these in different proportions – shorter. And for the first time, we used silver, not gold."
- These are the opinions of our visitors, not hellomagazine.com
- You are not allowed to post comments that are libellous or unlawful
- We reserve the right to remove comments that we consider off topic
- Please keep to the subject
- Please try to write without spelling errors. Before posting a message please check it is correct: comments with no mistakes are more likely to be published.
- Please do not publish messages written entirely in capital letters.