SUBSCRIBE TO HELLO! OR HELLO! FASHION MONTHLY. VIEW THE LATEST PRINT & DIGITAL OFFERS HERE
Katie Holmes means business at her debut New York fashion show
Her black jeans fit like a second skin, with the leather jacket, a gold chain and red nails adding just the right amount of sexy to Katie Holmes' businesslike outfit for her first ever fashion show for eponymous label Holmes & Yang.
CLICK ON PHOTO FOR FULL GALLERY
Once inside the Lincoln Centre, there was a hint of nerves as the 33-year-old monitored the proceedings backstage along with her friend and business partner Jeanne Yang.
But Tom Cruise's former wife is a woman reborn, and her anxiety evaporated as she began giving the models a once over, checking that every last detail was perfect.
It's been a big week for Katie as the couple's daughter started school for the first time.
Suri, six, is now a pupil at of the elite $39,750-per-year Avenues School, which has campuses around the world in case youngsters need to follow their globetrotting parents to other countries.
Her mother's fashion line reflects the stage she's at in life as a busy independent woman.
Talking about the client she has in mind, the actress/designer could have been describing herself.
She told US Elle magazine: "This woman is working very hard, but she needs some softness in her life to get through the day. She needs to be tough and to be taken seriously. She handles a lot."
- These are the opinions of our visitors, not hellomagazine.com
- You are not allowed to post comments that are libellous or unlawful
- We reserve the right to remove comments that we consider off topic
- Please keep to the subject
- Please try to write without spelling errors. Before posting a message please check it is correct: comments with no mistakes are more likely to be published.
- Please do not publish messages written entirely in capital letters.