SUBSCRIBE TO HELLO! OR HELLO! FASHION MONTHLY. VIEW THE LATEST PRINT & DIGITAL OFFERS HERE
Katie Holmes set to make high profile fashion week debut
These past few months have been tough for Katie Holmes, following her high-profile divorce from Tom Cruise.
But the former Dawson's Creek star has received some good news – she has bagged a highly covetable spot to show at New York Fashion Week.
The actress-turned-designer, who started her line Holmes & Yang with her stylist Jeanne Yang in 2009, is set to make her fashion debut on September 12.
CLICK ON PHOTO FOR FULL GALLERY
What's more, the design duo are set to show on-site at the prestigious Lincoln Centre, nicknamed the 'tents', where many of the heavy hitters unveil their new wares during the week.
The 125-seat studio venue, which has been specifically designed to house intimate presentations only, is normally packed full of celebs, fashionistas and influential fashion editors.
"This is a big deal for Katie to show in the tents, under the full attention of the fashion editors and the glare of media scrutiny," a source told the New York Post.
"They could have done a small show elsewhere, so this proves she and Jeanne are very serious about their business."
Victoria Beckham is reportedly slated to show her collection on the same day, but at a different time and at a different location, The New York Public library.
- These are the opinions of our visitors, not hellomagazine.com
- You are not allowed to post comments that are libellous or unlawful
- We reserve the right to remove comments that we consider off topic
- Please keep to the subject
- Please try to write without spelling errors. Before posting a message please check it is correct: comments with no mistakes are more likely to be published.
- Please do not publish messages written entirely in capital letters.