SUBSCRIBE TO HELLO! OR HELLO! FASHION MONTHLY. VIEW THE LATEST PRINT & DIGITAL OFFERS HERE
Valentino draws elegant line under French capital's couture extravaganza
Eschewing the glitz and glam that have saturated other shows in the last few days, Valentino closed Paris’ couture extravaganza in refreshingly simple style.
With new power couple Kanye West and Kim Kardashian looking on, designers Maria Grazia Chiuri and Pier Paolo unveiled a subtly beautiful collection that focused on an elegant, architectural silhouette.
Seductively pretty, fuss-free gowns with softly pleated skirts floated past the fashionable crowd.
CLICK ON PHOTO FOR FULL GALLERY
By contrast, the palette was bold – rich midnight blue was punctuated with floral embroidery in pink and leaf green.
Then came embellishment, with powder puff-pink embroidered satin coats and ruffled chiffon columns.
As well as Kim and Kanye, model Jessica Stam, Nicky Hilton and her mother, Kathy, filled the front row, along with Valentino's traditional society clients.
The celebrities will have plenty of choice for future appearances; from the innocent modesty of the long-sleeved tree of life gown, to another adorned with rivulets of rose pink ruffles and a floor-sweeping dress in that famous Valentino red.
And, for the more adventurous, a sports jacket smothered with gold embroidery.
- These are the opinions of our visitors, not hellomagazine.com
- You are not allowed to post comments that are libellous or unlawful
- We reserve the right to remove comments that we consider off topic
- Please keep to the subject
- Please try to write without spelling errors. Before posting a message please check it is correct: comments with no mistakes are more likely to be published.
- Please do not publish messages written entirely in capital letters.