SUBSCRIBE TO HELLO! OR HELLO! FASHION MONTHLY. VIEW THE LATEST PRINT & DIGITAL OFFERS HERE
Couture at its best: Elie Saab stuns Paris with sparkling display
The king of the red carpet unveiled a dazzling display of couture that elicited a collective gasp from the fashion elite once more.
A superb array of black ball gowns in embroidered tulle, lace and georgette kicked off Elie Saab’s show in Paris.
These gothic confections gave way to his signature palette of champagne, pink and sky blue.
CLICK ON PHOTO FOR FULL GALLERY
Gowns were, as expected from the Lebanese designer, heavily embellished and covered in the most dramatic and intricate detailing.
And it is these details that justify their bank-breaking price tag.
The collection, with its long-sleeves and high necks, erred more on the demure side than last season, which focused heavily on plunging necklines and split skirts.
But sheer panels and long, full skirts ensured that the fabulous gowns still oozed drama and glamour.
A host of French stars turned up to applaud including actress Aure Atika and Vanessa Paradis' younger sister Alysson Paradis.
Elie has a reputation as the go-to dress guru for A-listers wanting to wow.
Regularly dressing celebrities such as Jessica Biel, Mila Kunis and Scarlett Johansson he has practically turned the red carpet into his very own catwalk.
- These are the opinions of our visitors, not hellomagazine.com
- You are not allowed to post comments that are libellous or unlawful
- We reserve the right to remove comments that we consider off topic
- Please keep to the subject
- Please try to write without spelling errors. Before posting a message please check it is correct: comments with no mistakes are more likely to be published.
- Please do not publish messages written entirely in capital letters.