Giambattista Valli's blooming brilliant couture
With an enchanted woodland backdrop, Giambattista Valli took fashionistas on an exploration of Mother Nature in Paris on Monday.
The designer called upon birds, butterflies and blooms to create a stunning third couture collection bound to go down a storm with the A-list.
CLICK ON PHOTO FOR FULL GALLERY
Delicate layers of organza swirled around necklines to create rose collars, while petal-like peplums adorned smudged floral print dresses.
And the Italian wunderkind had fashioned belts from twisted branches that graced models with butterfly-covered mouths.
As he explained to Vogue: "Couture is a moment when you go really far from fashion.
"It's really another thing."
His vision was demonstrated in another evening dress, described as "wild grass" on the programme, that was entirely covered in green feathers.
- These are the opinions of our visitors, not hellomagazine.com
- You are not allowed to post comments that are libellous or unlawful
- We reserve the right to remove comments that we consider off topic
- Please keep to the subject
- Please try to write without spelling errors. Before posting a message please check it is correct: comments with no mistakes are more likely to be published.
- Please do not publish messages written entirely in capital letters.