SUBSCRIBE TO HELLO! OR HELLO! FASHION MONTHLY. VIEW THE LATEST PRINT & DIGITAL OFFERS HERE
Raf Simons' stunning debut collection takes Dior back to its best
In what was one of the most talked-about shows in the fashion history, Raf Simons finally debuted for Dior on Monday.
The atmosphere was electric as a host of industry darlings including Marc Jacobs, Anna Wintour and Donatella Versace seated themselves around a runway lined with lilac and white irises.
But was the Belgian designer going to do Dior justice?
CLICK ON PHOTO FOR FULL GALLERY
As the first model took to the catwalk sporting a wonderfully-tailored wool tuxedo, the fashion industry took a big sigh of relief.
Raf had married his signature architectural aesthetic with elegant femininity to some seriously show-stopping results that wowed a starry crowd including Princess Charlene of Monaco, Sharon Stone and French actress Marion Cotillard.
And he stayed true to the French fashion house, making sure each outfit – with the ‘new look’ silhouettes and structured ballgowns – in some way referenced its first decade, when Christian Dior himself was at work.
He also breathed new life into the label as he gave those aspects his own touch, adding pockets and cigarette trousers for a modern twist.
In keeping with his minimalist vision was the array of clean peplum tops in block colours and classic dresses.
But a long organza and tulle dress with a pink embroidered front, and blue floral back and structured ballgowns kept femininity intact.
- These are the opinions of our visitors, not hellomagazine.com
- You are not allowed to post comments that are libellous or unlawful
- We reserve the right to remove comments that we consider off topic
- Please keep to the subject
- Please try to write without spelling errors. Before posting a message please check it is correct: comments with no mistakes are more likely to be published.
- Please do not publish messages written entirely in capital letters.