SUBSCRIBE TO HELLO! OR HELLO! FASHION MONTHLY. VIEW THE LATEST PRINT & DIGITAL OFFERS HERE
Fashion Admiral Daphne Guinness makes waves at pre-auction party
True to her trademark quirky style, fashion icon Daphne Guinness turned heads as she turned up to celebrate an auction of her haute couture wardrobe.
The eccentric fashionista stood out in a naval-themed ensemble consisting of a coat and hat that looked like they could have belonged to an admiral.
Arriving with designer Gareth Pugh, who was sporting an equally eye-catching outfit, she teetered on towering, heel-less shoes by Noritaka Tatehana.
CLICK ON PHOTO FOR FULL GALLERY
Inside the party, held at Christie’s in London, the whacky blonde mingled with fashion’s elite, including renowned photographer Mario Testino.
Also on hand for support were model Jasmine Guinness, Elton John's partner David Furnish and Sherlock actor Benedict Cumberbatch.
And she chatted with Selina Blow, who is the sister-in-law of the late Isabella Blow, a close friend of Daphne’s.
All profits will go to the Isabella Blow Foundation, which promotes British fashion and raises money for those suffering from mental-health issues.
“The sale was the only practical way for me to say thank you to my friend, who I carry in my soul,” said 44-year-old Daphne.
“Issie will assume and occupy her true place in the constellation of fashion stars.”
Daphne’s collection of 102 items is set to go under the hammer on Wednesday evening.
The prestigious auction house expects it to fetch over £100,000.
- These are the opinions of our visitors, not hellomagazine.com
- You are not allowed to post comments that are libellous or unlawful
- We reserve the right to remove comments that we consider off topic
- Please keep to the subject
- Please try to write without spelling errors. Before posting a message please check it is correct: comments with no mistakes are more likely to be published.
- Please do not publish messages written entirely in capital letters.