SUBSCRIBE TO HELLO! OR HELLO! FASHION MONTHLY. VIEW THE LATEST PRINT & DIGITAL OFFERS HERE
'Eclectic' Johnny becomes first man to win style Oscar
Congratulations are in order for Johnny Depp, whose flamboyant style is to be commemorated with a Fashion Icon Award.
The Council of Fashion Designers of America have honoured a male recipient for the first time in five decades, for the actor's "personal and eclectic sense of style".
Lady Gaga, Kate Moss, Iman and Sarah Jessica Parker are among the style luminaries to have been given the 'fashion Oscar' in the past.
CLICK ON PHOTO FOR FULL GALLERY
Johnny's achievement was announced along with the nominations by the president of the association Diane von Furstenberg on Thursday.
Also up for an award are the Olsen twins, who have received a Womenswear Designer of the Year nod for their luxury, celeb-favourite label The Row, with tough competition from Marc Jacobs and Proenza Schouler.
Marc took to Twitter to give thanks for his nominations: "Thank you everyone, thanks @CFDA & congrats to all the other nominees!"
Meanwhile, Tommy Hilfiger is set to receive the Geoffrey Beene Lifetime Achievement Award.
The ceremony will take place on June 4 in New York.
- These are the opinions of our visitors, not hellomagazine.com
- You are not allowed to post comments that are libellous or unlawful
- We reserve the right to remove comments that we consider off topic
- Please keep to the subject
- Please try to write without spelling errors. Before posting a message please check it is correct: comments with no mistakes are more likely to be published.
- Please do not publish messages written entirely in capital letters.