SUBSCRIBE TO HELLO! OR HELLO! FASHION MONTHLY. VIEW THE LATEST PRINT & DIGITAL OFFERS HERE
King Karl conjures up giant crystal maze
Outside Paris' Grand Palais, a swarm of fashionistas and celebrities gathered amid a mass of blazing flashbulbs and gridlocked traffic.
This could only mean one thing – the Chanel show was in town.
Katy Perry and Alicia Keys – who was sporting unique headgear – had flown in to the City of Light to support the French fashion house.
CLICK ON PHOTO FOR FULL GALLERY
And head honcho Karl Lagerfeld, the master of unveiling his creations in incredible surroundings, did not disappoint.
The enigmatic designer had turned the ornate palace into a crystal maze, with giant spears of quartz and amethysts filling the vast space.
Models had been decorated with pretty gems, and all eyes were on Miranda Kerr as she walked by making a crunch on the bed of mineral dust with her transparent heels.
Another of Karl's girls was led down the runway by a cute little boy complete with a Chanel messenger bag.
But the set wasn’t the only talking point – the German designer's collection was also spectacular.
The classic ensemble of twinset jacket and skirt had been given a looser cut, and, in keeping with the theme, a Lurex-like sparkle.
And trousers were the order du jour – think cigarette style and cut just north of the ankle. They were paired with jersey dresses and chiffon maxis.
- These are the opinions of our visitors, not hellomagazine.com
- You are not allowed to post comments that are libellous or unlawful
- We reserve the right to remove comments that we consider off topic
- Please keep to the subject
- Please try to write without spelling errors. Before posting a message please check it is correct: comments with no mistakes are more likely to be published.
- Please do not publish messages written entirely in capital letters.