SUBSCRIBE TO HELLO! OR HELLO! FASHION MONTHLY. VIEW THE LATEST PRINT & DIGITAL OFFERS HERE
Elegant Elie: Fairytale frocks from the king of Oscars fashion
Elie Saab’s lavish show was a natural choice for stars weighing up their options for the Oscars.
Taking notes from the front row was The Artist star Berenice Bejo, who is up for Best Supporting Actress and found it all tres jolie. “I love Elie Saab. It’s so beautiful,” she enthused.
Lebanese-born Elie – the genius behind many of the memorable creations seen in the last decade at the famous ceremony – revealed a dreamy array of fairytale frocks in ice-cream colours of mint, peach and cream.
CLICK ON PHOTO FOR FULL GALLERY
Romance and glamour were the order of the day for ballgowns featuring small, intricately cut crystals combined with gentle, sheer fabrics fit for Hollywood royalty.
“I thought about a very modern princess,” he explained. “I thought of the fairytales which all girls dream of in order to come up with this collection which I hope you'll like.”
“Concerning colours, I thought of very soft colours but ones that still retained the dazzle I wanted to achieve in this collection."
- These are the opinions of our visitors, not hellomagazine.com
- You are not allowed to post comments that are libellous or unlawful
- We reserve the right to remove comments that we consider off topic
- Please keep to the subject
- Please try to write without spelling errors. Before posting a message please check it is correct: comments with no mistakes are more likely to be published.
- Please do not publish messages written entirely in capital letters.