SUBSCRIBE TO HELLO! OR HELLO! FASHION MONTHLY. VIEW THE LATEST PRINT & DIGITAL OFFERS HERE
'The world needs glamour:' Versace's glittering couture comeback
Donatella has gone back to basics, Versace basics that is.
"The world needs glamour, and I missed couture," she said, explaining the decision to go back to the high end of the fashion market in Paris.
She's not wrong there. Hollywood ladies Cameron Diaz and Diane Kruger agreed, lapping up the luxury offerings featuring a strong Grecian theme.
In fact, one corseted number with a mini skirt will probably find its way straight into the Charlie's Angel's wardrobe.
“You know I’m a sucker for anything glittery," she told the doyenne of Italian fashion.
CLICK ON PHOTO FOR FULL GALLERY
Even Diane, more usually seen in ladylike Chanel, was thrilled.
"I loved it. It was so sexy, so typically Versace. I'm looking myself to see if I can get one," said the German beauty.
It's been eight years since Versace presented an haute couture collection, preferring to show at ready-to-wear.
But Donatella said that the brand’s recent collaboration with high street giant H&M – despite being extremely successful and selling out within hours – made her realise she "had to come back to Paris to show that Versace is still a couture house".
The runway shimmered with sequins, studs and crystals, turing the models into "glamorous warriors".
The corseted creations, designed with the female form in mind, also had bursts of true Versace style orange, acid green and yellow.
- These are the opinions of our visitors, not hellomagazine.com
- You are not allowed to post comments that are libellous or unlawful
- We reserve the right to remove comments that we consider off topic
- Please keep to the subject
- Please try to write without spelling errors. Before posting a message please check it is correct: comments with no mistakes are more likely to be published.
- Please do not publish messages written entirely in capital letters.