Emotional Victoria Beckham shed a tear as she was honoured by the British fashion industry on Monday night.
"I'm so sorry for crying,” the 37-year-old told the audience, accepting the Designer Brand of the Year award from pal Marc Jacobs.
“This is really rubbish of me. I am so nervous, this means so much to me."
CLICK ON PHOTO FOR FULL GALLERY
After several pauses in an attempt to gather her emotions, the mother-of-four dedicated the gong to her ever-expanding family.
And Victoria – who looked stunning in a floor-length backless black gown – paid tribute to her footballer husband, adding: “Without David I wouldn't have the courage to do what I'm doing.”
Becks told fans he was delighted by his wife’s achievement.
He wrote on Facebook: “The boys and I are incredibly proud of Victoria after winning a prestigious British Fashion Award tonight.
“She has worked so hard and deserves all the recognition. It’s amazing what she has achieved tonight, very special.”
And women seemed to rule the roost at the ‘fashion Oscars’ which took place at the lavish Savoy hotel.
Alexander McQueen designer Sarah Burton, who designed Kate Middleton’s fairytale wedding dress, picked up the evening’s highest accolade – Designer of the Year.
After a year that saw her design the most important dress of the decade and set up an exhibition of McQueen clothing that broke visitor records, the award was the icing on the cake.
Stella McCartney took home the Red Carpet Award. This was, no doubt, down to her Lucia, the sheer polka dot dress that has taken the celeb world – including Liv Tyler, Kate Winslet, Livia Firth and Doutzen Kroes – by storm.
And Alexa Chung took home the British Style award, much to her delight: “OMG thank you!!!! Amaze!!!!,” she wrote on Twitter.
BRITISH FASHION AWARDS 2011, LIST OF WINNERS
- Designer Of The Year: Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen
- Designer brand: Victoria Beckham
- Red Carpet Award: Stella McCartney
- Accessory designer: Charlotte Olympia
- Model: Stella Tennant
- British Style Award Alexa Chung
- Menswear designer: Kim Jones
- Emerging Talent Award - Accessories: Tabitha Simmons
- Emerging Talent Award - Menswear: Christopher Raeburn
- Isabella Blow Award for Fashion Creator: Sam Gainsbury
- New Establishment Award: Christopher Kane
- BFC Outstanding Achievement in Fashion: Paul Smith