SUBSCRIBE TO HELLO! OR HELLO! FASHION MONTHLY. VIEW THE LATEST PRINT & DIGITAL OFFERS HERE
The need for tweed: Trend soars thanks to 'Made In Chelsea' star's look
Made In Chelsea isn't just winning the ratings battles.
It seems that the gentlemen stars of the hit reality show are also setting the bar in the style stakes this season.
Following the airing of the second series of the programme - which follows a group of young, wealthy residents of London’s most exclusive postcodes - sales of tweed have soared dramatically.
CLICK ON PHOTO FOR FULL GALLERY OF STARS WEARING TWEED
Harris Tweed blazers in particular - a brand favoured by the show’s male star, Spencer Matthews - have risen by a staggering 800%, according to fashion comparison website StyleCompare.co.uk.
And sales of tweed blazers in general have increased by over 50%, with plenty of fashion-conscious viewers seeking to recreate the ‘posh’ Chelsea look.
Meanwhile, other famous faces have been keen to get in on the act.
Gary Barlow chose the classic style for Saturday’s X Factor show, whilst Olivia Wilde and Uma Thurman were both spotted at Paris Fashion Week in tweed coats.
And fashion heavyweights Anna Wintour and Alexa Chung have also given the material their stylish seal of approval.
- These are the opinions of our visitors, not hellomagazine.com
- You are not allowed to post comments that are libellous or unlawful
- We reserve the right to remove comments that we consider off topic
- Please keep to the subject
- Please try to write without spelling errors. Before posting a message please check it is correct: comments with no mistakes are more likely to be published.
- Please do not publish messages written entirely in capital letters.