SUBSCRIBE TO HELLO! OR HELLO! FASHION MONTHLY. VIEW THE LATEST PRINT & DIGITAL OFFERS HERE
Witch dress would you wear? Vera Wang goes goth with new bridal collection
After a season of of high profile weddings that began with the royal nuptials and culminated in Kim Kardashian’s extravagant affair, one designer has a case of white-dress fatigue.
Vera Wang, who created all three of Kim’s lavish dresses, has taken her latest bridal collection into darker territory.
"With all the big weddings that happened this year, it was fun to step out of the box," she told the New York Times.
CLICK ON PHOTO FOR FULL GALLERY
With models traipsing down the runway in tulle, organza and Chantilly lace, the fabrics were strictly traditional.
The colour palette, however, was anything but.
The 16-piece offering came in shades of decadent jet black, nude and caramel, with no hint of ivory in sight.
"I found black to be fresh and tongue-in-cheek," she said.
"I did take it to a witchy kind of place.
"For me, it helped build a sense of mystery that I was hungry for. And it added this sensuality and sexuality, and a little bit of severity, too."
White has been the most popular choice for wedding dresses since the Victorian era, when the colour was considered a symbol of wealth.
It has since acquired new connotations, including innocence, happiness and virginity.
- These are the opinions of our visitors, not hellomagazine.com
- You are not allowed to post comments that are libellous or unlawful
- We reserve the right to remove comments that we consider off topic
- Please keep to the subject
- Please try to write without spelling errors. Before posting a message please check it is correct: comments with no mistakes are more likely to be published.
- Please do not publish messages written entirely in capital letters.