SUBSCRIBE TO HELLO! OR HELLO! FASHION MONTHLY. VIEW THE LATEST PRINT & DIGITAL OFFERS HERE
Paris Fashion Week: Lagerfeld conjures up an underwater Chanel kingdom
This time, he conjured up an underwater wonderland, complete with a show stopping performance from singer Florence Welch, who performed from inside a seashell.
CLICK ON PHOTO FOR FULL GALLERY
Inside the opulent Grand Palais, guests wandered into a pristine white sea bed with giant shells, sea horses and seaweed that sprawled up towards a glimmering shower curtain.
The collection was also marine-inspired.
But in lieu of sailor stripes or anchor motifs, it was far more subtle - the theme played on sunlight on the surface of the ocean.
"I absolutely wanted to avoid mermaids and things like that," Karl said backstage, wearing a seashell pink shirt and matching tie.
"I was inspired by the movement of seaweed, its lightness, and by certain fish that have very modern shapes, like sting rays."
Models emerged from a giant sea anemone onto the pure white catwalk clad in metallic fabrics shot with fiberglass and even paper in the form of cocktail dresses and variations of the label's iconic skirt suits.
- These are the opinions of our visitors, not hellomagazine.com
- You are not allowed to post comments that are libellous or unlawful
- We reserve the right to remove comments that we consider off topic
- Please keep to the subject
- Please try to write without spelling errors. Before posting a message please check it is correct: comments with no mistakes are more likely to be published.
- Please do not publish messages written entirely in capital letters.