SUBSCRIBE TO HELLO! OR HELLO! FASHION MONTHLY. VIEW THE LATEST PRINT & DIGITAL OFFERS HERE
Rock 'n' roll turnout as Stella McCartney celebrates 40th birthday
Fashion maven Stella McCartney celebrated her 40th birthday with a gathering of the biggest names in music and movies.
Among those on the exclusive guest list at Tuesday's party in London were Stella's newlywed pal Kate Moss and new parents Kate Hudson and her fiancé Matt Bellamy.
CLICK ON THE PHOTO FOR FULL GALLERY
Meanwhile, good friend Gwyneth Paltrow brought Hollywood glamour to proceedings.
U2's Bono and his wife Ali Hewson were also at the bash – held at Asprey House, the former London residence of the Duke of Wellington – as was fellow designer Tom Ford, singer Sharleen Spiteri, actress Jaime Winstone and her ex Alfie Allen.
Guest of honour was of course Stella's father, Beatles legend Paul McCartney who rolled up with his fianceé Nancy Shevell.
And, Stella's older sister, photographer Mary, was definitely in a party mood, arriving with balloons and a big smile on her face.
The birthday girl, escorted to her party by husband Alasdhair Willis, was on sparkling form in an elegant blue dress, her hair caught up in a simple chignon.
Following the main event, guests were then seen heading for the afterparty at Soho's Groucho Club.
They had all been given a pair of mugs to commemorate the occasion, each one featuring a photo of Stella as a child.
- These are the opinions of our visitors, not hellomagazine.com
- You are not allowed to post comments that are libellous or unlawful
- We reserve the right to remove comments that we consider off topic
- Please keep to the subject
- Please try to write without spelling errors. Before posting a message please check it is correct: comments with no mistakes are more likely to be published.
- Please do not publish messages written entirely in capital letters.