SUBSCRIBE TO HELLO! OR HELLO! FASHION MONTHLY. VIEW THE LATEST PRINT & DIGITAL OFFERS HERE
Hula hoops, bubbles and a stellar turnout for Stella's garden party
Only Stella McCartney could bag such a glitzy guest list.
Her impressive group of celeb pals were on fashionable form to fete the designer as she unveiled her latest collection in New York.
Actresses Naomi Watts and Liv Tyler, U2 frontman Bono, singer Estelle and Vogue editor Anna Wintour were all amongst the starry contingent. The regulars from her close circle missing were Madonna and Gwyneth Paltrow.
The mum-of-four had pulled out all the stops.
Ensuring this was no ordinary fashion show, she opted to showcase her resort collection at a fun-filled garden party – complete with hula hoops, bubble wands and yo-yos.
As her A-list friends mingled, models in sunshine-striped separates and Hawaiian prints posed in the lush green surroundings.
That combined with Stella's line of lust-worthy accessories and some classic English lawn games made for a seriously cool outdoor soiree.
The 39-year-old posed with each of her friends in turn on the lawn, who were loyally clad in on-trend brights from Stella’s new range.
The lady herself had opted for her trusty grey jeans, paired with her trademark blazer, a white vest and nude mesh ankle strap wedges.
And she looked particularly pleased to see Bono, who is a family friend.
The U2 star is close to her dad, Paul McCartney, who once showed him the sights of Liverpool by car. “It was like being in the Pope-mobile with the Pope driving,” he remarked afterwards.
- These are the opinions of our visitors, not hellomagazine.com
- You are not allowed to post comments that are libellous or unlawful
- We reserve the right to remove comments that we consider off topic
- Please keep to the subject
- Please try to write without spelling errors. Before posting a message please check it is correct: comments with no mistakes are more likely to be published.
- Please do not publish messages written entirely in capital letters.