SUBSCRIBE TO HELLO! OR HELLO! FASHION MONTHLY. VIEW THE LATEST PRINT & DIGITAL OFFERS HERE
The golden girls: Pregnant Kate and Jessica on glowing form at Met gala
In a sea of gorgeous gowns and stylish stars, two ladies stood out at this year's Metropolitan Museum of Art gala.
Expectant Kate Hudson and Jessica Alba threatened to outshine their contemporaries, both dressing their baby bumps in gold gowns as they hit the red carpet in New York.
Kate, 32, is due to give birth to her first baby with Muse frontman Matt Bellamy next month.
Click on photos for gallery
She was positively blooming as she stepped out in a sequinned dress by her friend Stella McCartney, her only accessories being her new engagement ring and a jewelled flower in her hair.
While her busy fiancé was unable to attend the glitzy gala, the Nine actress was warmly greeted at the event by Stella's dad Paul – attending with Nancy Shevell – who tenderly patted her tummy before ascending the stairs.
Fellow mum-to-be Jessica, 30, was equally radiant. Although not due to give birth to her second baby until the end of the summer, her burgeoning bump was still visible beneath her full-length gown.
The Fantastic Four beauty, who attended with husband Cash Warren, shimmered in a Ralph Lauren gown that perfectly showecased her rounding belly.
Jessica is already a mum to two-year-old daughter Honor, while Kate is also preparing to welcome her second child. She has a seven-year-old son named Ryder with her ex-husband Chris Robinson.
- These are the opinions of our visitors, not hellomagazine.com
- You are not allowed to post comments that are libellous or unlawful
- We reserve the right to remove comments that we consider off topic
- Please keep to the subject
- Please try to write without spelling errors. Before posting a message please check it is correct: comments with no mistakes are more likely to be published.
- Please do not publish messages written entirely in capital letters.