SUBSCRIBE TO HELLO! OR HELLO! FASHION MONTHLY. VIEW THE LATEST PRINT & DIGITAL OFFERS HERE
Solange Knowles: style evolution
Attending the Met Gala earlier this month, Solange was showing off her style prowess in a Philip Lim satin tiered, ruffled dress.
She usually favours eye-catching, retro-inspired looks consisting of bold prints and vibrant colours. She tops off the quirky looks with her trademark afro.
Solange is a big fan of bright colours and quirky prints
"I definitely gravitate towards prints and colour," she once told New York Times of her style.
"I love to pay with prints on prints, but I try to have a good instinct about what to match.
"Like, if I have a Pendleton print, mixing that with a tribal African print will give off National Geographic-gone-bad vibes. So if I wear an ethnic print, I contrast it with a bright top, or maybe stripes.
"Yellow is my absolute favourite colour to wear. I also love hot pink. When I match my prints with those colours, I feel it's a 'me' outfit."
Solange cites mother Tina, who has fashion brand House of Déreon, as one of her style inspirations.
"Seeing photos of my mother from the 60s and 70s, she as a total rebel with her style," she said.
- These are the opinions of our visitors, not hellomagazine.com
- You are not allowed to post comments that are libellous or unlawful
- We reserve the right to remove comments that we consider off topic
- Please keep to the subject
- Please try to write without spelling errors. Before posting a message please check it is correct: comments with no mistakes are more likely to be published.
- Please do not publish messages written entirely in capital letters.