To honour Cara's birthday, HELLO! Online has compiled a list of ten little-known facts about the model of the moment.
1. Cara was born on 12 August 1992 in London into a privileged British high society family. Her grandfather was former English Heritage chairman Sir Jocelyn Stevens and her grandmother was lady-in-waiting to Princess Margaret. She grew up in a mansion in London's Belgravia.
2. Her modelling career began at a young age – she first appeared in Vogue Italia at age 10, having modelled in ads for Cadbury.
3. She was discovered by Sarah Doukas, the CEO of Storm Model Management and the same woman who discovered Kate Moss, as Sarah is the mother of Cara's best friend Genevieve Garner. "I've been best friends with Genevieve Garner since I was five," Cara once said. "Sarah saw me when she came to our school and Gen introduced us. I had never thought about modelling before, and it just happened."
4. Cara rocketed to stardom in 2010 when she became the face of Burberry. Soon after, she was coveted by high-profile fashion houses across the world including Chanel, Stella McCartney, DKNY and Mulberry. Last season alone she walked in more than 40 catwalk shows across the globe and has bagged magazine covers including Teen Vogue, Chinese Vogue, Russian Vogue, Numero and i-D. She is also the newest recruit of the prestigious Victoria's Secret angel crew.
Cara with her two sisters Poppy and Chloe
5. Despite Cara's huge success as a model, her passions lie elsewhere. "I like fashion, but I love, love, love music and film; they are my two passions. I would love to pursue my acting and my love of music more than anything."
6. Cara was able to test the waters with acting in 2012, when she was given a small role in the film Anna Karenina alongside Keira Knightley. She once revealed that her dream is to "be in a film with Meryl Streep or Martin Scorsese."
7. Talking about her musical side, she said that she is "obsessed with drumming" and is a "world class Beat Boxer – you should hear the noises I can make with my mouth!"
8. Cara has trademarked her name. She registered Cara Delevingne as an official trademark with the Intellectual Property Office, giving her an exclusive right to use it as a marketing tool.
9. Talking about her favourite fashion labels, Cara once said, "I love Christopher Bailey and Burberry, Mulberry for bags, and Hudson for jeans. I like a little bit of designer, with a bit of vintage and high street mixed in… I love it when you find those one-off key pieces, which end up becoming investment pieces. I always go for comfort, and like feeling confident and casual."
10. Cara has two sisters – Chloe and Poppy, also a famous model. "Poppy has always been so supportive of me," she said. "It was strange in the beginning with both of us working in the same industry, but she has helped me and is always there for me with advice. It helps that we are similar people, very close." Eldest sister Chloe, meanwhile, prefers to keep out of the spotlight and is reportedly training to be a doctor, building on her biomedical sciences degree from UCL