SUBSCRIBE TO HELLO! OR HELLO! FASHION MONTHLY. VIEW THE LATEST PRINT & DIGITAL OFFERS HERE
David Cameron and Barack Obama gifted Mulberry bags at G8 summit
Luxury handbag label Mulberry gifted personalised monogrammed bags to each of the world leaders at the G8 summit.
David Cameron, Barack Obama and Vladimir Putin were among those given the 'Matthew' bag – in oak brown, it is a newly designed briefcase-cum-overnight bag with a price tag of £1,600.
Each of the leader's initials were stamped onto the luggage tag.
Angela Merkel, the only female head of state, was instead given a unisex Piccadilly travel bag that retails at £1,350. Her initials were stamped onto the key pouch that hands off the calfskin handle.
The world leaders had gathered in Northern Ireland to address several pressing global issues, including trade and the mounting pressure for a Syrian peace conference.
British label Mulberry, who was selected by Downing Street to provide the gifts, is known for its celebrity following. They even named a bag after one of its biggest fans, Alexa Chung and followed this up with the Del Rey for singer Lana.
- These are the opinions of our visitors, not hellomagazine.com
- You are not allowed to post comments that are libellous or unlawful
- We reserve the right to remove comments that we consider off topic
- Please keep to the subject
- Please try to write without spelling errors. Before posting a message please check it is correct: comments with no mistakes are more likely to be published.
- Please do not publish messages written entirely in capital letters.