- Celebrity style
- Royal style
- Get the looks
- Fashion campaigns
- Celebrity beauty
- Red carpet
- Style files
- Kate fashion
Met Ball: Celebs and their rumoured designer dates
Some of the biggest names in Hollywood are gearing up for the most prestigious event in the fashion calendar, the Costume Institute Ball.
Gwyneth Paltrow, Sienna Miller and Jennifer Lawrence are all expected to turn out, as is Kim Kardashian, who has reportedly had her ban from the event lifted by her boyfriend Kanye West's pal Anna Wintour.
This year's theme, however, is punk, which seems to be posing a problem for the glamorous female attendees.
2012 attendees: Gwyneth Paltrow wearing Prada; Jennifer Lopez and Marc Jacobs; Jessica Alba wearing Michael Kors
"No one has a clue," said Cameron Silver, the owner of designer vintage boutique Decades in Los Angeles. "We keep running into the same problem, which is that rich women don't want to look punk, or grunge."
Brooklyn Decker, the actress wife of tennis star Andy Roddick, spoke about her reluctance to embrace the alternative theme. "Punk dressing all seems very fussy to me," she said. "It was a very planned, anti-establishment lifestyle.
"I'm more of a dress-for-comfort girl. I make as little effort as possible so, no, I will not be spending an extra hour gelling my Mohawk and getting my black liner perfect. I didn't know much about punk music growing up as I was more of the horribly awesome boy band generation."
While the stars figure out exactly how to channel the punk movement, HELLO! Online has compiled a list of the celebrity attendees and their rumoured designer dates.
Met Ball attendees and their rumoured designer dates
- Michael Kors is taking Jennifer Lopez
- Valentino is taking Gwyneth Paltrow
- Dior is taking Jennifer Lawrence and Marion Cotillard
- Alexander Wang is taking Julianne Moore for Balenciaga
- Brian Atwood is taking Elizabeth Banks
- Christopher Kane is taking Stella Tennant
- Burberry is taking Sienna Miller
- Diane Von Furstenberg is taking Emma Roberts
- Tory Burch is taking Jessica Alba
- Riccardo Tisci is taking Rooney Mara
- Peter Pilotto is taking Brooklyn Decker