SUBSCRIBE TO HELLO! OR HELLO! FASHION MONTHLY. VIEW THE LATEST PRINT & DIGITAL OFFERS HERE
Tilda Swinton is the new face of Chanel
Tilda Swinton has been unveiled as the latest face of Chanel.
The 52-year-old actress is fronting the upcoming campaign for the label's Paris-Edinburgh collection, a luxury range of ready-to-wear clothing that was showcased at Linlithgow Palace last December.
"Tilda perfectly embodies the Paris-Edimbourg collection," said creative director Karl Lagerfeld. "She is of course Scottish, but more than that she is a modern woman, a timeless icon of elegance."
The imagery will be released in full in May, but Chanel have revealed a teaser shot of the campaign, showing Karl photographing Tilda at the Chateau d'Ecouen, a castle in France.
Tilda was born and bred in England, but her father was Scottish and was a member of the Scots Guards. She currently resides in Nairn with her artist partner Sandro Kopp and her twin sons.
The star's Chanel announcement follows recent news that music legend David Bowie asked her to feature in his new music promo.
Tilda will appear with model Andrej Pejic in the single The Stars (Are Out Tonight). In the clip from the highly-anticipated release, Tilda appears as David's wife.
- These are the opinions of our visitors, not hellomagazine.com
- You are not allowed to post comments that are libellous or unlawful
- We reserve the right to remove comments that we consider off topic
- Please keep to the subject
- Please try to write without spelling errors. Before posting a message please check it is correct: comments with no mistakes are more likely to be published.
- Please do not publish messages written entirely in capital letters.