SUBSCRIBE TO HELLO! OR HELLO! FASHION MONTHLY. VIEW THE LATEST PRINT & DIGITAL OFFERS HERE
Diana's favourite bag designer Tod's pays homage to the 'Timeless Icon'
The people's princess, Diana is credited with transforming the British monarchy, giving it a friendly and youthful face.
With her effortless elegance, interest in fashion and naturally slim physique, she captured the hearts of the biggest designers in the world who clamoured to dress her.
And her style legacy lives on, with Italian Luxury Accessories House Tod's supporting a book created by Electa Italian Publishing House entitled Timeless Icon that features her. Set to go on sale in March of this year, the book contains six inspiring images that show the Princess carrying the Tod's classic leather tote that she loved.
CLICK ON PHOTO FOR FULL GALLERY
The bag was such a favourite of Diana's that after that her death in 1997, the accessories label renamed it the 'D-Bag' after her.
The tote has evolved – since its birth almost 20 years ago, it has been given a modern and functional twist, achieved through specialised and intricate labour which lasts between three and four months for each bag.
But the quality and elegance of the bag are still intact, and it retains some of the original design's hallmarks.
Recently, Kate Middleton, the wife of Diana's son Prince William, was spotted sporting a new, softer version of the bag in grey leather.
- These are the opinions of our visitors, not hellomagazine.com
- You are not allowed to post comments that are libellous or unlawful
- We reserve the right to remove comments that we consider off topic
- Please keep to the subject
- Please try to write without spelling errors. Before posting a message please check it is correct: comments with no mistakes are more likely to be published.
- Please do not publish messages written entirely in capital letters.