SUBSCRIBE TO HELLO! OR HELLO! FASHION MONTHLY. VIEW THE LATEST PRINT & DIGITAL OFFERS HERE
Stella McCartney and Victoria Pendleton are firm friends at fashion bash
Thanks to their incredible success at the summer's Olympic Games, no party is complete without the presence of London 2012's in-demand athletes.
Glamorous cyclist Victoria Pendleton was the latest guest of honour, and the brunette rubbed shoulders with designer Stella McCartney as they attended a fashion awards show. Both ladies went home triumphant after Thursday evening's Women of the Year Awards.
Gold medallist Victoria was crowned British ambassador of the year, along with heptathlete Jessica Ennis and Paralympic swimmer Ellie Simmonds. Stella, meanwhile, was named British designer of the year.
Backstage, she took some time out with fellow winner Victoria as they swapped success stories and cuddled up for a photo. Their respective awards aren't the only thing they have in common.
When Victoria powered her way to a silver medal during her last emotional race at the Velodrome, it was Stella's threads that she wore with pride – Ms McCartney was the official designer of the 2012 Games.
The mum-of-four said her objective was to make the participants feel like a British team while maintaining a sense of style.
"You shouldn't have to sacrifice style for sport," she said when the kit was unveiled back in spring.
"I spoke to (record-breaking cyclist) Chris Hoy and said, 'what can I do to help in any way?' And he said, 'I just want to look cool'."
- These are the opinions of our visitors, not hellomagazine.com
- You are not allowed to post comments that are libellous or unlawful
- We reserve the right to remove comments that we consider off topic
- Please keep to the subject
- Please try to write without spelling errors. Before posting a message please check it is correct: comments with no mistakes are more likely to be published.
- Please do not publish messages written entirely in capital letters.