SUBSCRIBE TO HELLO! OR HELLO! FASHION MONTHLY. VIEW THE LATEST PRINT & DIGITAL OFFERS HERE
Tom Ford, 51, becomes a father to baby boy Alexander
Congratulations are in order for feted fashion designer Tom Ford, who has welcomed a baby son with his long-term partner Richard Buckley.
The 51-year-old announced the arrival of Alexander John Buckley Ford with a typically stylish note that rapidly circulated on Twitter.
It also revealed that the little boy, who is believed to have been born via a surrogate, was welcomed into the world in Los Angeles on September 23.
The happy news came as a shock to those in the industry, seeing as there had been no indication.
But Tom is notoriously private, and recently revealed that the couple would keep it a secret if they decided to have any offspring.
"I always said I wanted to have children," he told New York Magazine.
"But if I have children, no one will know about it until the child is born. And no one will ever see the child because I certainly wouldn’t use it as press tool.
"If I have a child, you won’t notice that I had a child. Maybe you’ll see it when it’s 18, but I will keep it out of the spotlight."
Tom and writer Richard have been together for 25 years.
They first met in 1986, in a lift at WWD magazine, where Richard worked at the time.
- These are the opinions of our visitors, not hellomagazine.com
- You are not allowed to post comments that are libellous or unlawful
- We reserve the right to remove comments that we consider off topic
- Please keep to the subject
- Please try to write without spelling errors. Before posting a message please check it is correct: comments with no mistakes are more likely to be published.
- Please do not publish messages written entirely in capital letters.