SUBSCRIBE TO HELLO! OR HELLO! FASHION MONTHLY. VIEW THE LATEST PRINT & DIGITAL OFFERS HERE
Whirlwind fashion: Marc Jacobs stuns New York with five-minute show
If you weren’t at your seat in time, it was tough luck.
At precisely 8pm, the first of Marc Jacobs’ models stepped out onto the runway.
Five minutes later his 45-strong army of girls, wearing a varying array of hypnotising stripes, stormed the runway for his super-fast finale.
Backstage, he joked that that "every season, I try and beat my speed record. My ideal is to have the show over before you've even sat down."
But the speed of the show didn't detract from the quality.
Marc well and truly kicked romanticism to the kerb with a bold display almost entirely dominated by transfixing stripes and a strict monochrome colour scheme.
Ranging from horizontal to vertical, thick to thin, there were enough stripes to make you feel woozy.
And frills were few and far between – plain T-shirt dresses, shifts, cigarette trousers and straight maxi skirts reigned.
- These are the opinions of our visitors, not hellomagazine.com
- You are not allowed to post comments that are libellous or unlawful
- We reserve the right to remove comments that we consider off topic
- Please keep to the subject
- Please try to write without spelling errors. Before posting a message please check it is correct: comments with no mistakes are more likely to be published.
- Please do not publish messages written entirely in capital letters.