SUBSCRIBE TO HELLO! OR HELLO! FASHION MONTHLY. VIEW THE LATEST PRINT & DIGITAL OFFERS HERE
Brit supermodels Kate and Naomi will close London Olympics in style
The British fashion industry is set to take to the global stage at the Olympic Games in London.
The nation’s leading models including Kate Moss, Naomi Campbell, Lily Cole and Georgia May Jagger will appear at the closing ceremony modelling creations by homegrown designers.
The genetically blessed group are expected to be showing off designs from Alexander McQueen, Stella McCartney, who fashioned the Team GB kits, and Vivienne Westwood.
And further showcasing British talent, they will strut their stuff to David Bowie songs Fashion and Rebel Rebel.
But the models won’t be receiving anything quite like the amounts they are used to for their work – each will be given a symbolic £1 for their participation.
The show, entitled 'A Symphony of British Music', will also feature performances from Take That, Queen, Annie Lennox, George Michael and a sketch from comedy duo Dawn French and Jennifer Saunders.
Emeli Sande will open the show, while others set to sing include The Pet Shop Boys, Madness, Kaiser Chiefs, Elbow, One Direction, Ed Sheeran, Tinie Tempah and Jessie J.
- These are the opinions of our visitors, not hellomagazine.com
- You are not allowed to post comments that are libellous or unlawful
- We reserve the right to remove comments that we consider off topic
- Please keep to the subject
- Please try to write without spelling errors. Before posting a message please check it is correct: comments with no mistakes are more likely to be published.
- Please do not publish messages written entirely in capital letters.