SUBSCRIBE TO HELLO! OR HELLO! FASHION MONTHLY. VIEW THE LATEST PRINT & DIGITAL OFFERS HERE
Fashionistas go back to school with latest satchel craze
Fashion trends come and go, but there's one that seems set to stay.
Straight out of Cambridge, a traditional unisex leather satchel has become a global hit.
What at first was a children's schoolbag, of traditional chestnut brown leather, has become a necessity for fashionistas, models and celebrities.
CLICK ON PHOTO FOR FULL GALLERY
Stars such as Alexa Chung, Zooey Deschanel and Elle Fanning have already been snapped with the latest accessory.
They come in an array of rainbow colours, with the fluoro shades by far the most popular, stealing the limelight from other designer handbags.
The Cambridge Satchel Company, maker of the popular bag, was created fours years ago by a mother and daughter team to pay school fees, and their satchels now sell in stores worldwide.
An embossing service is also available, giving you the opportunity to personalise, like Matthew Weiner, creator of Mad Men did.
He gave all 300 of the TV show’s cast and crew a specially-made leather bag as a thank you gift.
Each satchel was customized with the ‘SCDP’ logo – which stands for Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce, the advertising agency featured in the show.
Retailing at around £100, the satchel is a relatively affordable fashion success. For those on a tighter budget, there is a faux-leather version for £25.99.
- These are the opinions of our visitors, not hellomagazine.com
- You are not allowed to post comments that are libellous or unlawful
- We reserve the right to remove comments that we consider off topic
- Please keep to the subject
- Please try to write without spelling errors. Before posting a message please check it is correct: comments with no mistakes are more likely to be published.
- Please do not publish messages written entirely in capital letters.