SUBSCRIBE TO HELLO! OR HELLO! FASHION MONTHLY. VIEW THE LATEST PRINT & DIGITAL OFFERS HERE
Gucci's gothic glamour gets Milan Fashion Week off to a dark start
Their Milan show might have been dark, but it was far from dreary.
With the Oscars just days away, Italian powerhouse Gucci unveiled an ultra glamorous array of floor-length, billowing dresses in midnight hues.
"This is modern-day romanticism," designer Frida Giannini said. "A dramatic sensuality, a dark glamour with subtle tones of provocative intellect."
CLICK ON PHOTO FOR FULL GALLERY
The offerings in black, forest green and plum had been designed with decadence in mind – fur, silk, velvet and leather all adorned Edwardian-esque layered ensembles.
The sultry show kicked off Milan Fashion Week, following on from the headline-grabbings antics of London.
Plum lipstick, leather capes and moody lighting all complemented the noir feel of the presentation.
- These are the opinions of our visitors, not hellomagazine.com
- You are not allowed to post comments that are libellous or unlawful
- We reserve the right to remove comments that we consider off topic
- Please keep to the subject
- Please try to write without spelling errors. Before posting a message please check it is correct: comments with no mistakes are more likely to be published.
- Please do not publish messages written entirely in capital letters.