SUBSCRIBE TO HELLO! OR HELLO! FASHION MONTHLY. VIEW THE LATEST PRINT & DIGITAL OFFERS HERE
Christmas party dress guide - 60s: It's a wrap
With the party season upon us, now is the perfect time to treat yourself to a new frock.
But with so many dresses on the high street to choose from, it's difficult to know where to start.
Let hellomagazine.com take the strain out of hunting down a sure-fire headturner with our celeb-inspired dress guide. We've even organised the party wear according to age.
In your 60s
Actress Helen Mirren often opts for wrap dresses.
CLICK ON PHOTO FOR FULL GALLERY
The 66-year-old presumably loves the wardrobe winner’s flattering effects – they trim the waist, enhance the bust and give the illusion of smaller hips.
Gok Wan’s ‘Ultimate Wrap Dress’ (pictured far right) has been created with the female form in mind. It falls in all the right places, making for a feminine, hourglass silhouette.
Mary Portas has created a slinky wrap dress that makes a serious colour statement with this bright purple hue.
The Duchess of Cambridge's former employer, Jigsaw, make a monochrome wrap dress with a striking pattern.
And a sure winner is Whistles’s printed version with mustard and muted green shades that work with any skin tone.
- These are the opinions of our visitors, not hellomagazine.com
- You are not allowed to post comments that are libellous or unlawful
- We reserve the right to remove comments that we consider off topic
- Please keep to the subject
- Please try to write without spelling errors. Before posting a message please check it is correct: comments with no mistakes are more likely to be published.
- Please do not publish messages written entirely in capital letters.