SUBSCRIBE TO HELLO! OR HELLO! FASHION MONTHLY. VIEW THE LATEST PRINT & DIGITAL OFFERS HERE
Christmas party dress guide - 50s: Classy and colourful
With the party season upon us, now is the perfect time to treat yourself to a new frock.
But with so many dresses on the high street to choose from, it's difficult to know where to start.
Let hellomagazine.com take the strain out of hunting down a sure-fire headturner with our celeb-inspired dress guide. We've even organised the party wear according to age.
In your 50s
Nancy Shevell, 51, likes to spice up her look with colour but sticks to demure shapes that flatter her enviable figure.
Copy Lady McCartney's style in Mary Portas' traffic-stopping red dress featuring a deep V.
The 'queen of shops', who is 51 too, has also created an elegant green animal print shift dress that pulls you in in the right places.
For instant wow factor, look no further than Hobbs' fucsia number, and the waist bow detail is also very flattering.
If you're really in the mood for some festive fun, Fennwright Manson offers a colourful range of partywear.
The capped sleeves on this beautiful pansy motif dress are an elegant touch that will make you the talk of any social gathering.
- These are the opinions of our visitors, not hellomagazine.com
- You are not allowed to post comments that are libellous or unlawful
- We reserve the right to remove comments that we consider off topic
- Please keep to the subject
- Please try to write without spelling errors. Before posting a message please check it is correct: comments with no mistakes are more likely to be published.
- Please do not publish messages written entirely in capital letters.