SUBSCRIBE TO HELLO! OR HELLO! FASHION MONTHLY. VIEW THE LATEST PRINT & DIGITAL OFFERS HERE
Christmas party dress guide - 40s: Sexy but safe
With the party season upon us, now is the perfect time to treat yourself to a new frock.
But with so many dresses on the high street to choose from, it's difficult to know where to start.
Let hellomagazine.com take the strain out of hunting down a sure-fire headturner with our celeb-inspired dress guide. We've even organised the party wear according to age.
In your 40s
Tess Daly, 42, often favours long-sleeved dresses that are sexy without revealing too much.
This sequinned zigzag dress from Topshop is brilliant for showing off your curves whilst covering up simultaneously.
River Island's ivory lace dress is great if you love midis. Just add a chic shrug for the Victoria Beckham look.
Or channel old Hollywood glamour with the retailer's bodice dress. The faux fur at the neckline catches the eye and the fitted shape of this grown-up piece pulls in the waist to create an hourglass silhouette.
Tess also loves to inject a bit of glitz on a night out. For some razzle dazzle, take a look at what House of Fraser has to offer.
- These are the opinions of our visitors, not hellomagazine.com
- You are not allowed to post comments that are libellous or unlawful
- We reserve the right to remove comments that we consider off topic
- Please keep to the subject
- Please try to write without spelling errors. Before posting a message please check it is correct: comments with no mistakes are more likely to be published.
- Please do not publish messages written entirely in capital letters.